Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

July 14, 2008

Facilitator: Curt Faigle, RE; Diane Prokopf, Asst RE; Sheila Burkett, Secretary; Jeff Leavell, Treasurer; Attendees: Member-At-Large: Carol Cohn and Jeff Seelig. Absent: Lee Hanson, Arshad Mohabbat & Nadeem Bari.

Curt Faigle opened the meeting at 6:40 p.m. at Syberg’s.

June minutes were approved on Yahoo with changes.

Treasurer’s ReportJeff Leavell

Jeff reviewed the financials and will send out to the board a financial report (due to access issues, couldn’t get a written report). Overall the programs are doing well against budget.

Program Committee Reports

Solo Committee Report – Bill Schnardthorst

We canceled our July SAC meeting because we had nothing outstanding. However we just completed a successful two days of Evo Schools with happy faces all around. I don’t remember if I reported on the MiDiv last time or not. If I didn’t then here goes. We had a very good turn out with the highest number of local entries ever from what I was told. Financially we are still running ahead on income.

Club Racing Committee Report – Steven Burkett

Nothing of any significance is new since the May report. Only 11 pre-registered for August (as of July 1, 2008) but it is still early and we will be sending out another e-mail blast after the fourth.

PDX Committee Report – Chuck DeProw

We just had our July event and had to turn away a dozen students. We will be having another Instructors’ classroom session in the near future. At present, we have 9 students signed up for it. We have in the works, an advanced instructors’ program we are working on. We have two more Wednesday night events planned; they are August 27th and September 24th and the last event of the year will be on October 19th.

RallyCross Committee Report – John Huebbe:

First event of the year went great. We had 19 drivers, some passengers, and about 10 or so spectators. The weather was perfect, but the grass was very high and made for an interesting time setting up the course and for the competitors to see ahead. We hope the trend continues for the second event and have an even better turnout. The second event is Saturday August 16th at Gateway.


New Business:

  • Discussed email from Solo that did not blind copy to members. Concern was the email addresses were not blind copied.
  • Discussed who will be responsible for answering people directly who send a message to BOD. Curt takes responsibility for responding directly to people who send the board a message.
  • Discuss if we need to have a sticky at the top of the forum with rules. Curt will come up with some general guidelines to be posted.
  • Curt updated the group that there is discussion on where to hold the MiDiv Convention.

Old Business:

  • Curt asked if we have received any monthly postcards or email blast? Curt will follow-up with Arshad on the issue.
  • Diane said that no one volunteered for Nominating Committee. She will get the committee together and get slate together by August board meeting.
  • We will have a general meeting this September and November. There will be NO GENERAL MEETING in August and in October.

Jeff Leavell moved, Jeff Seelig seconded the meeting be adjourned. Meeting adjourned at 7:35 p.m.

ACTION ITEM

ASSIGNED TO

COMPLETED?

Update Bylaws Diane Prokopf & Carol Cohn In progess
Pull action plan out of strategic plan Sheila Burkett Tabled
Remove 4th event for RallyCross off website, etc Sheila Burkett Done
Invite Membership Chair to August Meeting Curt Faigle

Comments are closed.