Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

August 11, 2008

Facilitator: Curt Faigle, RE; Diane Prokopf, Asst RE; Sheila Burkett, Secretary; Jeff Leavell, Treasurer; Attendees: Member-At-Large: Carol Cohn, Lee Hanson and Jeff Seelig. Absent: Arshad Mohabbat & Nadeem Bari.

Curt Faigle opened the meeting at 6:40 p.m. at Syberg’s.

July minutes were approved on Yahoo.

Treasurer’s ReportJeff Leavell

Jeff reviewed the programs finances and the current balance sheet. All programs other than Rally Cross are positive cash flow.

Program Committee Reports

Solo Committee Report – Bill Schnardthorst

Club Racing Committee Report – Steven Burkett

We will lose a few dollars from August due to lower than expected turnout, extra expenses related to the heat, and subsidizing the DASH. We don’t have the final numbers yet, but it won’t be too bad, certainly we are still in the black for the year, and should remain so even after October.

There was some damage to the oval infield lights (Muscos) that needs to be evaluated and that could be significant. Certainly if we ever get a direct hit on one of these lights would really hurt our program.
The CRC is looking into supplemental insurance to cover damage to the track and fixtures to avoid any big money surprises in the future.

The MiDiv 2009 scheduling excitement is underway. Bryon Prokopf and I will be working together on the schedule with plenty of help from the CRC. Due to continued low entry levels 2009 will probably be another three-event year. The super school will be returning, possibly in October. Memphis is hoping to hold an October Race in ’09, and combined with Chicago Region’s annual Blackhawk event, that would make for a very poor turnout for our usual Spooktacular. All scheduling will be by conference call this year since the convention has moved to February.

We have lots of “job openings” for 2009. Among these are Chief of Tech, Sound Control, Driver’s School Chief Instructor. Additionally Sheila and Shelly would like to pass the batons on food and hospitality, respectively, if a willing person is available. I will be 2009 Course Marshall so that position is filled.

PDX Committee Report – Chuck DeProw

Rally Cross Committee Report – John Huebbe:

Performance Rally – Tom vonHatten: Serious work on the Rally in the 100 Acre Wood will start later this month. Our proposed course will run from Potosi to Potosi to Salem on Friday, 27 February 2009 and from Salem to Viburnum to Salem on Saturday, February 28. I intend to have a preliminary event budget ready within a month and more detailed course info by early October.


New Business:

  • Someone requested us to send a SCCA sticker to Brazil. We decided to not honor the request.
  • Carol asked Sheila if she would consider continuing maintaining the website.
  • There will not be a general meeting in August and the next general meeting will be September 8th at Syberg’s at 7 p.m. The BOD will meet at 6 p.m. prior to the general meeting.
  • Sheila moved we make a $25 donation in memory of Ken Biermann to the SCCA Foundation. Jeff Leavell seconded. Motion passed.

Old Business:

  • MiDiv convention will be moved to February and should be in Memphis.
  • Monthly postcards and email blasts are still not going out.
  • Curt decided to not put any rules on the forum as a sticky note.
  • Nominating Committee: we still do not have a slate. No one is returning phone calls and no one really seems interested. Diane will contact the program chairs, Carol will send out the postcard and emails and Curt will contact Barrett about the bylaws.

Meeting adjourned at 7:47 p.m.

ACTION ITEM

ASSIGNED TO

COMPLETED?

Update Bylaws Diane Prokopf & Carol Cohn In progress
Pull action plan out of strategic plan Sheila Burkett Tabled
Invite Membership Chair to October Meeting Curt Faigle

Comments are closed.